Saturday, November 20, 2010

Slytherin. Because Magic is Might!

I went to the midnight premier of The Deathly Hallows on Thursday/Friday. Let me tell ya, I feel pretty darn lucky that I did, because I've seen nothing but woeful posts by people who didn't get tickets on time.

I'm not going to say much about the movie, just in case there is actually a non-reader or two out there. (Shaaaaaaame on you!) I'll will only say this: it was more like a 2 hour 45 minute introduction that an actual full feature movie. Which I expected, of course, but it was still vaguely disappointing because I saw the epic action in the trailer, and almost all of it is from part two. Ah well, at least I looked cute while I watched Harry stare morosely out over the droll scenery.




Outfit details:
Shirt: JCP
Vest: Thrift
Tie & Pin: Hogwarts
Wand: Ollivander's
(hehe, being a Floridian has its perks. I have an annual pass to Universal, and a best friend who works there ...and therefore gets a sweet discount... and we like to just pop by the Three Broomsticks for Butterbeer every once in awhile, and maybe stop by Hogsmeade for some shopping.)

Only bad part about the night? My stupid Dark Mark tattoo. It came in the mail literally just in time, but it was tiny! Like, a third of the size I had imagined it would be. I could have lived with that, though. However, when I went to put it on, I made a total mess and only the snakes' head stuck, while the rest just...melted away in little clumps. Fortunately, I foresaw this being a problem, and ordered two. My sister watched my pathetic first attempt, took pity on me, and slapped the second one on in a feat of perfect temporary tattoo application. It came out smooth, un-peely, and....upside down.

I wanted to Avada Kedavra myself.

*sigh* Still, what a good night. Let the countdown to part two begin.
Only 6 more months.........................

No comments: