Sunday, October 10, 2010

I have discovered POLYVORE! Wow. So much fun. So I practiced by throwing together a really quick, literature inspired, fall inspiration board. (How do other people get theirs to look so well put together; like art?? Just this thing took me forevahhz.)

To me...fall is the most romantic time of year. I start wanting to re-read "Emma" by Jane Austen, "The Scarlet Pimpernel" by Baroness Emmuska Orczy, and watch Dr. Zhivago, The Fiddler on the Roof, and Gone With the Wind. I'm a sucker for desperate love stories... I read "A Tale of Two Cities" when I was in the 4th grade (yes, my mega-nerd-bookworm-ness started that early) and I fell hopelessly in love with all things tragic. I was obsessed with Alan Breck Stewart from "Kidnapped" in 5th, "The Phantom of the Opera" followed in 6th, and the list hasn't stopped growing since. More recently, I fell head over heels in love with "As Meat Loves Salt" by Maria McCann...it's what our great-great-great-great-great-great grandchildren will be reading in their Classic Literature classes. McCann knows how to make her reader become obsessed right along with her protagonists, a trait which I admire more than any other. (Wierd? Maybe.)

Another thing I've recently discovered...steampunk. I bought my first sp novel, Cherie Priest's "Dreadnought"...a Civil War saga that I am intrigued by but having a hard time sitting through. I don't know why... coming from someone who can knock out 500 pages of Dan Simmons per night, why is this so hard for me? It's not the historical inaccuracy, I can breeze right by that... along with the sometimes boring dialogging, and the endless parade of secondary characters that never last more than three pages. Hmm. I'm going to finish it though, I haven't given up on a book yet, and for good reason. I think there is always something to appreciate about any piece of written work.

Oops. I guess I kind of got away from what was supposed to be a blog about my fashion inspiration for fall, didn't I? Oh well.

Till next time! ♥

No comments: